We recently released the SCMHA COVID-19 Health and Safety Protocol which can be found on our website along with the SCRD Re-opening Plan and COVID 19 Policies and Procedures.
In summary, some key highlights from the plans include:
PLAYERS MUST STAY HOME IF THEY ARE SICK
Entering the Facility:
- All Players will enter the facility from the Park Road side of the building.
- Players will line up in the staging area along the side walk and driveway on the social distancing markers provided.
- SCMHA Players must come dressed in full gear including skates (with skate guards) or shoes and a full water bottle.
- Players will be permitted to enter the facility 15 minutes prior to their ice time
- Dressing rooms are available for use.
- Within the dressing rooms, showers and sinks are off and washrooms are closed.
- Players will go to the marked seating locations in the dressing room.
- The dressing rooms are used to tie skates, fasten helmets, and remove skate guards.
- Players must be given numbers prior to entering the dressing rooms and will sit near the matching number when they enter the room. 7……to 1. The 8th spot is designed for coaches.
- One parent/adult per player is permitted to come to the arena with children under 11 (no siblings or other children).
- Spectators will be limited at this time
- There is a maximum of 16 participants (including player’s benches). Including Goalies and Coaches.
- Participants and Coaches should keep gloves and equipment on at all times. Coaches and players should avoid touching with bare hands.
Exiting the Facility
- At the end of the session, participants must exit the ice on time so that the next group can start on time.
- Participants must exit the ice, single file, to their seat in their dressing room and will sit near the matching number when they enter the room. 7 ……..to 1 to remove helmets and skates.
- Players will leave the dressing room in the opposite order of which they entered the room. 1…….. to 7
- Participants must leave the facility within 15 minutes so the next group can enter the building on time.
- Participants will exit the facility from the main doors through the lower lobby and into the parking lot area.
- There will be no access to water fountains at this time.
- Players are able to access the bottle filling station only. Please be sure to bring a plastic water bottle for personal use only.
- Hand washing policies and hygiene practices are posted throughout the facility.
- Hand sanitizing stations are located throughout the facility and must be used prior to entering and exiting by all members of the public.
- The Hand Sanitizers are located inside the entrance door (Park Road) and inside the exit door in the lower lobby area (Parking lot).
- The public washrooms will be cleaned and disinfected twice daily by SCRD staff.
- Unoccupied Dressing rooms will be disinfected while the user groups are on the ice. Player’s benches to be cleaned by SCMHA Coaches.
- During the pandemic the SCRD will not provide or loan equipment for those who have forgotten their own. No exceptions.
FOOD IN THE FACILITIES
- Food is not permitted in the facilities during the Covid-19 pandemic. Water bottles are permitted in plastic containers only. Please fill water bottles at home as water fountains will remain off.
There will be an increased need for volunteers to help and ensure the season runs smoothly. If you can help, please contact email@example.com
As you can all appreciate, the information is subject to change by the various governing bodies (Hockey Canada, BC Hockey, BC Hockey, viaSport, Public Health, SCRD) and current conditions.
Thank you for all your continued patience and support during this time and we look forward to seeing the players on the ice soon!