Welcome to the Sunshine Coast Minor Hockey Association Registration Page!
NEW TO HOCKEY?
Please contact the Registrar at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Payment Terms and Procedures:
Registration is considered complete when all criteria are met, including FULL payment.
Payment by Cash/Cheque:
*Select payment by cheque through online registration.
ALL CHEQUES ARE TO BE MAILED TO:
PO BOX 1879
If you are applying for funding please select ‘Cheque’ and notify the registrar (email@example.com) to avoid payment collection.
SCMHA offers a flexible payment plan to ensure that every child has equal opportunity. If you would like to stagger your payment over the summer, please contact the registrar at: firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements.
***FULL PAYMENT MUST BE RECEIVED PRIOR TO AUGUST 31ST***
For families with 3 or more players, a promo code may be entered during checkout towards the savings of $125.00 in total. Please contact the Registrar for more info.
PLAYER MOVEMENT POLICY
- “A” Hockey
- Any SCMHA player wishing to try out for A Hockey as an underage player may be permitted to do so. There is no deadline for “A” players to request to play on a higher team than their age group
- The decision of the team makeup rests with the Coach and is approved by the Coach of the team the player is trying to join.
- “A” players are not required to make a tryout if there are extenuating circumstances ie Injury or being released from BCEHL etc.
- “C” Hockey
- Athletes wishing to play in divisions above their age group must submit a request form before the start of the season to allow for team make-up decisions.
- Evaluators will observe the player’s performance during a minimum of 2 practices. These evaluators will meet with coaching staff knowledgeable of the player's past performance.
To be considered for a move up in the division, the following will be considered for each request:
- Demonstrate equal or better skill for the division moving to
- Demonstrate appropriate maturity for the division move
- Not displace another player from the new team
- Not restrict the associations’ ability to form teams.
- No player will play or practice on two different teams or divisions.
- All moves are subject to PCAHA approval.