Rep "A" Division
REP “A” HOCKEY
For U11 division and older players (both boys & girls) who want to play at a more advanced level, SCMHA's Rep “A” Hockey is a more competitive league that requires full commitment by both players and their families. Rep teams are formed by evaluating and selecting players in an effort to form a team of the highest quality of players to represent SCMHA.
The objectives of Rep “A” Hockey are:
- To provide an environment for elite-level hockey players to develop to their greatest potential
- To develop skills on a physical, social and personal level
- To improve the overall physical health, coordination and fitness of players
- For players to learn how to participate in a team environment
- To develop good relationships with parents & coaches and all members of the hockey community
- To prepare young people for everyday life by teaching responsibility, commitment, and work ethic
- To learn how to maintain self-discipline in a competitive environment
- To become more self-directed and acquire leadership skills
Rep hockey is a competitive program that is designed with the goal of achieving the highest level of hockey possible. The rep program requires commitment and dedication from both the players and their parents. Being part of a "Rep" team with Sunshine Coast Minor Hockey requires ferry travel often weekly, and sometimes more. We do encourage carpooling for all away games!
It is the responsibility of those registered for rep tryouts to check the website and become familiar with the scheduling of the dates/times of each session they are registered to - the schedule may change, so please check prior to the first ice time. Players trying out are expected to attend all scheduled ice times.
For each player who is selected for a Rep team, a rep fee will be required to cover the cost of additional practice and game times. Families with players on U13, U15, and U18 with non-parent coaches, are required to contribute to team expenses to help cover the cost of Coach game and tournament travel.